Xi’an Jiaotong University
Xi'an Jiaotong University (XJTU) was established in 1896, originally under the name “Nanyang College”. In 1956, the main part of Jiaotong University was relocated to Xi'an and this relocated part was later officially renamed Xi'an Jiaotong University in 1959. XJTU, as one of the first batch of the universities in China, was supported by the central Government at China's “Project 211” and “Project 985” to develop into a world-class university. Now, Xi’an Jiaotong University is on the List of World-class Universities and First-class Disciplines released in 2017 by the Ministry of Education of China.
At present XJTU is a comprehensive research university with 27 schools and over 3000 academic staffs, including 35 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and/or the Chinese Academy of Engineering. XJTU now has over 38,000 students, including 18,919 postgraduates. According to the data released by Essential Science Indicators (ESI), 2 disciplines of XJTU are ranked top 1‰ on the ESI list, one of which is Engineering, and 14 disciplines of XJTU are ranked top 1% on the ESI list up to March, 2018.
The school of Electrical Engineering of XJTU is one of the strongest electrical engineering programs in China with broad curriculum, premier faculty and advanced experimental equipment. The school has the State Key Laboratory of Electrical Insulation and Power Equipment.
Transformer Research Team
The transformer research team in XJTU is a large team with 6 professors, 2 Associate Professors, 2 lecturers and 2 engineers, namely Professor Guanjun Zhang, Professor Yang Xu, Professor Shengchang Ji, Professor Shuhong Wang, Associate Professor Ming Dong, Associate Professor Junhao Li, Associate Professor Haibao Mu, Associate Professor Zhiguo Hao, Lecturer Dr Naming Zhang, Lecturer Dr Yuan Li, Senior Engineer Dr Liang Lyu, and Engineer Sisi Hui. The team includes more than 15 PhD students and dozens of postgraduate students.
The group has delivered in excess of 100 journal and conference publications in area of transformer research with contribution to several IEC and CIGRE working groups. Members of the group also work actively in Chinese Standardization Administration.
Material and Design
- Alternative fluids: natural esters and nanofluid
- Solid insulations
- Molecular simulation
- Multi-physics simulation and inverse analysis
- Electromagnetic optimization design
Condition monitor and Assessment
- Mechanical vibration and vibro-acoustic imaging
- Mechanical deformation for windings
- Partial discharge diagnosis and risk assessment
- Condition Assessment Based on DGA and other parameters
On-site Technology and Protections
- On-site Measurement of Losses of transformer
- On-site impulse test technology
- Drying technology for on-site power transformer
- Digital Protection of transformer
Transformer research facilities at XJTU locates in several laboratories including State Key Laboratory of Electrical Insulation and Power Equipment. The laboratories are fully equipped to conduct various electrical testings, material testings and vibration/acoustic testings.
The equipment to carry out testing and research include:
- 400kV AC Test Set
- 600kV DC Test Set
- 100kA Current Source
- 1800kV Impulse Test Set
- Partial discharge detectors
- Gas chromatography
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Particle counter
- Karl fisher titrator for moisture measurement
- Potentiometric titrator for acidity measurement
- Dielectric constant, tan delta and resistivity tester
- Tear strength/Tensile strength tester
- AC Breakdown tester
- Thermal infrared imager
- Three dimensional high precession gaussmeter
- Vibration test platform (Vibration spectrum analyzer, Laser vibrometer, Optical fiber vibration measurement system)
- Acoustic vibration test platform for transformer load tap changer
- Transformer models
- Power amplifiers
- High performance computing platform